Elijah Conner Phister (October 8, 1822 - May 16, 1887) was a United States Representative from Kentucky. He was born in Maysville, Kentucky. He attended the Seminary of Rand and Richardson in Maysville, Kentucky and was graduated from Augusta College, Kentucky in August 1840. He studied law, was admitted to the bar, and commenced practice in 1844.
Phister served as mayor of Maysville, Kentucky in 1848. He was a circuit judge 1856-1862 and a member of the Kentucky House of Representatives 1867-1871. He was appointed one of the commissioners to revise the Kentucky statutes in 1872 but declined. Phister was elected as a Democrat to the Forty-sixth and Forty-seventh Congresses (March 4, 1879-March 3, 1883). After leaving Congress, he resumed the practice of law. He died in Maysville, Kentucky in 1887 and was buried in the City Cemetery.
- ► 2007 (122)
- Academy Of The Visitation Nuns
- Pogue Distillery
- Born At Jefferson's Monticello
- Elijah Conner Phister (October 8, 1822 - May 16, ...
- Charley Arnold & Allen Doyle Die In Plane Crash
- William H. Rees
- Maysville To Cincinnati 1845
- Landscape of Maysville
- History of the Baptist Church In Maysville
- West Third Street Looking East
- August 13, 1854
- Layin Corner Stone Maysville High School 1908
- ▼ November (12)
Free Counter Visitors To Our Blog