The Whatsits


Patrick Fogel Recalls The Whatsits

In high school, I had a part-time job at WFTM Radio in Maysville, Kentucky, where I grew up. I was the remote producer at all the sock hops and was the DJ that spun the platters. I recorded from the dances and then had a one-hour program on Wednesday evenings to play it back. In between, I would take requests and play as many (songs) as I could. It was my feedback as to who was listening and how many. I got to be well known. The station wanted me to get an FCC license and although station manager, Roy Redmond, was very good to me, I declined. I went to the sock hops to have fun and dance with the girls! Thanks to Ron Bailey for sending this piece
Click Title To Read Entire Article

No comments:

THANKS FOR VISITING THE BLOG.
Y'all come back ya hear !
Free Web Counter
Free Counter Visitors To Our Blog
Powered By Blogger